Bhubaneswar: The Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah on Sunday released the party’s manifesto with a proposal to make Puri the cultural capital of India. The manifesto also proposes implementation of Ayushmaan Bharat scheme and the PM-Kisan yojana in the state. The party had accused the ruling BJD government of posing obstacles in the implementing of both these schemes.
With a view to double the farmers income, the party manifesto has also promised to provide 1.5 times the input cost as the MSP for all eligible crops.
The nine-point BJP manifesto, Shah said will unlock the true potential of the state, alleviate the sufferings of the poor and downtrodden and make Odisha a sought-after tourist destination in the country.
Chairman of the BJP poll manifesto committee Biswabhushan Harichandan said the manifesto has been prepared after wide-ranging consultations with the people across the state. Accordingly, the nine priority areas were identified, he added.
Union Minister and senior BJP leader Dharmendra Pradhan said the manifesto reflects BJP’s dream of making Odisha a knowledge-based society steeped in its culture and tradition. “Odisha has the potential to become the manufacturing hub of South-East Asia,” he added.
The salient points of the manifesto are as follows:
1. Interest-free loan to farmers
2. House, water, health, electricity to all by 2022
3. Focus on development of the poor
4. PESA or Provision of the Panchayats Act to be implemented within three months of BJP government coming to power
5. Strict action against those involved in chit fund scam
6. Focus on industry, education and employment
7. Special Budget for the backward districts of Odisha
8. 100% implementation of PM-Kishan Yojna in the state
9. Railway connection to all 30 districts of the state