Mumbai : Beating analysts’ expectations Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries on Friday reported 18.3% jump in its Q2 (July-September ) Net Profit to a record Rs.11,262 crore as against Rs.9,516 crore a year ago. The rise in net profit is being attributed to the turnaround in refining margins during the three month period of the financial year 2019-2020. Gross Refining Margins for the quarter at $9.4 per barrel were best in four quarters. Reliance Jio Infocomm reported net profit of Rs.990 crore, a jump of 45% during the quarter and an ARPU of Rs.120.
“Increase in revenue is primarily on account of robust growth in Retail & Digital Services businesses which grew by 27% and 43%, respectively. This was partially offset by decrease in Refining and Petrochemicals segment revenue with 17.7% fall in Brent crude price. Exports (including deemed exports) from RIL’s India operations were lower by 12.1% at Rs. 53,161 crore ($ 7.5 billion) as against Rs.60,460 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year primarily due to lower price realization for refining and petrochemical products and emphasis in domestic placement” RIL said.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUARTER’S PERFORMANCE (CONSOLIDATED – RIL)
- Revenue increased by 4.8% to Rs.163,854 crore ($ 23.1 billion)
- Net Profit increased by 18.3% to Rs 11,262 crore ($ 1.6 billion)
- PBDIT increased by 15.5% to Rs 25,820 crore ($ 3.6 billion)
- Profit Before Tax increased by 14.1% to Rs 15,055 crore ($ 2.1 billion)
- Cash Profit increased by 18.0% to Rs 18,305 crore ($ 2.6 billion)
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUARTER’S PERFORMANCE (STANDALONE – RIL)
- Revenue decreased by 8.4% to Rs 94,446 crore ($ 13.3 billion)
- Exports decreased by 12.1% to Rs 53,161 crore ($ 7.5 billion)
- PBDIT increased by 2.3% to Rs 17,295 crore ($ 2.4 billion)
- Profit Before Tax increased by 4.4% to Rs 12,255 crore ($ 1.7 billion)
- Cash Profit increased by 7.5% to Rs 13,020 crore ($ 1.8 billion)
- Net Profit increased by 9.5% to Rs 9,702 crore ($ 1.4 billion)
- Gross Refining Margin (GRM) of $ 9.4/bbl for the quarter
- Refining Throughput of 16.7 MMT during the quarter
- Petchemicals Production of 9.9 MMT during the quarter
“The Company has reported record net profit for the quarter. These excellent results reflect benefits of our integrated Oil to Chemicals (O2C) value chain and the rapid scale-up of our Consumer businesses. During this quarter, our O2C businesses gained from favourable fuel margins environment, feedstock sourcing flexibility and higher petrochemicals volumes. Our O2C business, with new partnerships, is best placed to pursue growth and substantial value creation” Mukesh D. Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Limited said.