New Delhi : Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present union budget for the 2021-22 financial year in the Loksabha at 11am today. This is for the first time she will present a paperless budget. This budget assumes greater significance as it comes amid the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to massive disruption in the Indian economy.
• FM announced Enhanced agriculture credit target for FY22 to Rs. 16.5 lakh crore. Additional allocations for rural infrastructure & irrigation.
• Disinvestment target for FY2022 set at Rs. 1.75 lakh crore.
• LIC IPO to be brought in FY22.
• FM announces Voluntary vehicle scrapping policy. Now personal vehicles of above 20 years and commercial vehicles of over 15 years will be scrapped. Will led to reduction of pollution and oil import.
• 17,000 rural and 11,000 urban health and wellness centres to be set up.
• Government is fully prepared to support and facilitate economy’s reset, says Finance Minister.
• Will implement Jal Jeevan Mission with outlay of Rs 2.87 lakh crore to cover houses and to be implemented over five years :FM
11am: Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman starts reading the budget speech.
10 am : Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman met President Ramnath Kovind ahead of the budget presentation.
“Finance Minister @nsitharaman , MoS Finance & Corporate Affairs @ianuragthakur , and senior officials of the Ministry of Finance, called on President Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan before presenting the Union Budget 2021-22” read a tweet by the Rastrapati Bhawan.