New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs has extended the nationwide lockdown till 31st May. The Ministry has also issued the guidelines for the 4th phase of the lockdown.
While most of the activities prohibited in the earlier lockdown, the highlight of the new guidelines are that the states can now decide Red, Green and Orange zones as per the parameters set by the Union health ministry.
Another highlight of the Lockdown 4.0 is that the government has permitted sports events in empty stadiums.
Detailed MHA Guidelines :
The following activities shall continue to remain prohibited throughout the country:
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for wearily purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA.
- Metro rail services.
Schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions etc. will remain closed. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, except those meant for housing health/ police/ Government officials/ healthcare workers/ stranded persons including tourists and for quarantine facilities; and running of canteens at bus depots. Railway stations and airports. Restaurants shall be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bare and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places. Sports complexes and stadia will be permitted to open; however, spectators will not be allowed.
- All social/ political sported entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functional other gatherings and large› congregations.
vii. All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- The following activities shall be permitted with restrictions, except in the Containment Zones:
- Inter-State movement of passenger vehicles and buses with mutual consent of the State(s)/ UT(a) involved.
- Intra-State movement of passenger vehicles and’ buses, as decided by the States and UTs.
iii. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for movement of persona, as mentioned in Annexure I, shall continue to operate.
- National directives for COVID-19 Management
National Directives for COVID 18 Management, as specified in Annexure-II, shall be followed throughout the country.
- Containment, Buffer, Red, Green and Orange Zones
- The delineation of Red, Green and Orange Zones will be decided by the respective State and UT Governments, after taking into consideration the parameters shared by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India (GoI).