Jindal Stainless Ltd to be merged with Jindal Stainless Hisar

0 16,361

Bhubaneswar : The Board of Directors of Ratan Jindal controlled stainless steel companies Jindal Stainless Limited (JSL) and Jindal Stainless (Hisar) Limited (JSHL) on Tuesday accepted the recommendations of the respective Board Committees and approved the merger of JSHL into JSL. As per the approved share swap ratio, 195 equity shares of JSL will be issued for every 100 equity shares of JSHL.

While,Odisha based JSL is the largest producer of stainless steel in India with a capacity of 1.1 million tonnes per annum (MTPA), Hisar (Haryana) based JSHL has a melting capacity of 0.8 MTPA.  Merger of JSHL into JSL will create a mega stainless steel entity that will be among the top 10 stainless steel companies in the world and the largest stainless steel company in India.

Post the merger, JSL will be the single listed entity on the stock exchanges and the promoter holding will be 57%, while the remaining 43% will be held by the public. As per the proposed structure, the mobility business of JSL Lifestyle Limited, a domestic subsidiary of JSHL, would be merged into JSL. Non-mobility businesses would be carved out as a separate new entity, named Jindal Lifestyle Limited. Post restructuring, Jindal Stainless Steelway Limited (JSSL) and Jindal Lifestyle Limited will operate as Indian subsidiaries, while overseas operational subsidiaries of JSL in Spain and Indonesia will continue to operate as business units of merged JSL. With the appointed date of April 1, 2020, the merger process is expected to be completed in H2 FY22. The merger is subject to approvals from statutory authorities, shareholders, creditors, and NCLT.

 “I am confident that the proposed merger of JSHL into JSL will enhance value to shareholders of both the Companies. The consolidation will enable harnessing of the complementing strengths of the individual Companies. Seamless integration of infrastructure, processes and operational synergies, along with a strengthened balance sheet, would improve financial flexibility. The merger of JSL and JSHL will also induce a simplified capital structure, expanding the turnover of the merged business to ~Rs 20,000 crore. With 1.9 MTPA melt capacity, the merged entity will be the only Indian Company in the league of top 10 stainless steel companies in the world. This transition will also bolster the government ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ mission” Managing Director, JSL & JSHL, Mr Abhyuday Jindal said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.